Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Memories of your childhood gardens

2»

• LoganLogan Posts: 2,532

We had a big back garden, it backed onto the railway, but not very close. Dad always planted cabbage and potatoes. I remember the one early autumn dad digging up the potatoes and storing them in the cleaned out coal house. It was on the side of the house and could get to it from the kitchen.Just pilled up on the floor.image

Last edited: 27 January 2017 09:31:43

• PalaisglidePalaisglide Posts: 3,414

Posy, we had a hill pony for the milk trap, a low two wheel cart you got two churns on with room to stand and drive the pony, the big girls were for the heavy work. That pony knew its round, never passed the duck pond without drinking and also knew my mother would have an apple for her in season. Uncle Arthur told me "there are no dumb animals, they have the same feelings as us"  if you watch Spy in the Wild on TV he was right.

Frank.

• PosyPosy Posts: 3,601

You are quite right, Frank, no such thing as dumb animals. I am so glad we have so many programmes to show us just how wonderful they are.