Forum home The potting shed

baking

Just finished doing 2 large and 1 small mince pies. I promised hubby that I'd make some more mince pies, so we compromised and made 2 large ones and 1 small. Of cause it had to have glace cherries, chopped nuts and sherry, so I've had some sherry while making them. Feel a bit tipsy but like the taist. Anybody done any baking during the new year.image

Last edited: 26 January 2017 10:08:59

• PalaisglidePalaisglide Posts: 3,414

Make some custard Logan, I am on my way.

Frank

• Bright starBright star Wrea GreenPosts: 696

They look good Logan! I made so many mince pies and other baking over Xmas that even my lot were turning their noses up at the end.  I thought it best to have a break from baking for a while? Sherry makes my face go shocking pink so I don't drink it but am happy to splash it into a trifle now and then. 

Life's tragedy is that we get old too soon and wise too late.

• Bright starBright star Wrea GreenPosts: 696

i'll come with you palaisglide! 

Life's tragedy is that we get old too soon and wise too late.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 58,829

They look very good image

I've not done much cooking at all since New Year 'cos I've felt so rotten with the lurgy, but I knew I was on the mend when I got the urge to make some simple Suffolk Rusks the other day ... needless to say they've all disappeared somewhere now ......... think the Under Gardener may have something to do with that! image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Glenys 2Glenys 2 Posts: 161

Logan i prefer fresh cream with mine pretty please. Only trouble is as i have an 18hr flight before i get to the uk there will be none left,so enjoy

• LoganLogan Posts: 2,532

Yes all welcome, I'll make some custard and I've got some cream.image

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 58,829
    Glenys 2 says:

Logan i prefer fresh cream with mine pretty please. Only trouble is as i have an 18hr flight before i get to the uk there will be none left,so enjoy

See original post

Glenys, at times of great need such as this, we have the use of Dr Who's Tardis, it saves a lot of time spent travelling image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh