Forum home The potting shed

Greetings from county kerry

Hi there

I have just signed up to this forum having just got a bit of a bug for gardening.

I am curious to know if there are many other people on here from Ireland. 

And also an apology. We have an entire garden of shame at the moment but we hope to improve.  As a result, I am sure that I will ask questions which will demonstrate just how clueless I am. Please accept a pre-emptied apology for this, but I need to walk away from a day job of playing with computers and do something purely indulgent for me and the boss.

Many thanks

Clueless

• Hi aym

Thank you for your welcome! I would love to post photos of the garden.... but it's a little bit half built. We have renovated a house,  built a second house and renovated a third. 10 years later we are starting the garden.

Maybe a few sneaky shots of the carnage outside tomorrow!

• Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,489

Hi, Clueless in Kerry. Welcome.image 

There are some other Irish members - plant pauper, who has been renovating a garden and others who, no doubt, will make themselves known.

SW Scotland
  • Hi joyce

Am glad to know that we are not alone! I am trying to select a few pictures of the outdoor chaos to display. Please don't laugh!

• Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,489

CinK....I'm Scottish....next best thing image

SW Scotland
  • jaffacakesjaffacakes IrelandPosts: 369

Maybe i should have called myself "Clueless in Wicklow" but we are meant to be the gardening county of Ireland so i'd be ashamed but i am pretty clueless. Loads of great advice on this forum though. Not many good Irish gardening forums out there so i'm happy to be a member. Welcome to the forum Clueless in Kerry. Beautiful county you are in image

Last edited: 22 January 2017 01:21:54

• Kitty 2Kitty 2 ManchesterPosts: 5,150

Hello Clueless in Kerry, and welcome to the forum image

I'm in Manchester UK but with MIL from Tipperary and FIL from Limerick there is a strong Irish influence in my household.

There's lots of friendly gardening advice here on the forum, as well as plenty of craic with the celts, like Joyceimage

We're not all perfect...

http://www.gardenersworld.com/forum/the-potting-shed/gallery-of-shame/981339.html

imageimageimage?

• LoganLogan Posts: 2,532

Welcome Clueless in Kerry.

I'm not Irish, but I will help in anyway I can.image

• Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge WearsidePosts: 2,813

Welcome to the forum Clueless in Kerryimage

• PosyPosy Isle of Wight.Posts: 1,857

Greetings, Clueless! No I'm afraid I am not in your part of the world, either, but I am just as clueless at times. Welcome to the forum.

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 29,989

Welcome Clueless - here's hoping you won't be clueless for long  image

Plant pauper is from Ireland - but northern Ireland. We used to have a good tech expert here from Ireland, but he doesn't post any more. 

Joyce - what do you mean  'next best thing' ? Tut tut!  image

Last edited: 22 January 2017 07:40:20

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....