Forum home The potting shed

Whats going on with the weather?

Whats happening, warm in the North and cold in the South, this is not how its meant to be. Its not fair, us in the south are always warmer than the north something should be done about it as we are not used to it.

• Bright starBright star Wrea GreenPosts: 696

M&S do a nice range in thermals!??

Life's tragedy is that we get old too soon and wise too late.

• KT53KT53 Posts: 3,874
    nodlisab says:

Whats happening, warm in the North and cold in the South, this is not how its meant to be. Its not fair, us in the south are always warmer than the north something should be done about it as we are not used to it.

See original post

Tell that to people on holiday in Spain image

• Pete.8Pete.8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 5,035

Spain this morning...

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
  • Bright starBright star Wrea GreenPosts: 696

Brrrrrrr......❄️

Life's tragedy is that we get old too soon and wise too late.

• Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,489

We are not complaining up north.  image we had snow and hard frosts earlier plus the storms in late December.

SW Scotland
  • MaisieMMaisieM Posts: 81

In the mild north but don't want to gloat as there's plenty of time for more cold/rain/gales etc to come this way!

• lydiaannlydiaann Posts: 277

I hate the snow, so I'm glad we don't have that.  However, I'd prefer either crisp, sunny and cold OR downright wet, but not this awful heavy cloud and drizzly atmosphere that we've had over the past couple of days.  Yesterday, the first 'brown bin' of the year had to be put out, so I braved the conditions to cut back dead, soggy foliage on my persicaria, asters, etc. etc.  I managed to do what I wanted to in 25-30 minutes, but I was soaked and it wasn't really raining.  As Himself puts it, what can you expect when it is so "dreek" (good Scots term, that!).  Nonetheless, the birds have actually started to put together the odd song (as opposed to the winter chirrup) and there are buds appearing everywhere so there is hope yet!  We've even had, for the first time ever (well, in the 5 years we've been here), a Greater Spotted Woodpecker on the feeder - so exciting I nearly threw my coffee all over the carpet!!image

• MaisieMMaisieM Posts: 81

Dreich image

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 23,785

Indeed so.

I should be lazing by a pool in The Gambia in 33C heat. 

Home in Devon 2 weeks early and it's flippin' freezin' 

Temperature in the car went from -4C to +2. 

Devon.
  • pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 16,238

PLENTY TIME YET FOR SNOW.

I KNEW A FARMER NEAR ILKLEY A LONG TIME AGO. HE SAID HE HAD SEEN SNOW THERE IN EVERY MONTH OF THE YEAR.image

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.