Forum home Plants

Guaranteed to flower June

Ok so sitting here starting to plan my attack on the garden for next year. I always like to ask for advice where I can. I have my big birthday coming up and am holding a party end of June. What flowers can I grow to make a big impact as I want to fill the house with my own grown flowers. How do I guarantee they are in flower for end of June. How best to go about doing that? Located in the North Of France

• PerkiPerki Posts: 2,328

June is a bit of gap for flowers, late spring / early summer flowers are just finishing but summer / late summer flowers are just around the corner. In France you might have the summer plants flowering around that time but I dont know, I am from the northwest England so you could 2-3 weeks ahead in terms of flowering times because its warmer in France. 

Only thing coming to mind at the momnet are regale lily - larkspur - Sweet peas ? - roses ?- early sowing of ammi - early cosmos sowing. 

Sorry I am not much help image its difficult to guarantee around that time

Last edited: 12 January 2017 18:45:03

• Bee witchedBee witched Posts: 1,120

Hi Nicky Nicky,

You should be safe with alliums at that time of year .... they make great cut flowers.

If you plant a selection then some of them are likely to peak for the big day.

https://www.sarahraven.com/articles/how_to_plant_and_grow_allium_bulbs.htm

Bee

Bees must gather nectar from two million flowers to make one pound of honey   
  • Yes Alliums, Sweet pea and Glads. I think successive planting of seeds so they are in bloom at the right time.

I have some Alliums and Glads in the ground already from last year, so hope they flower ok.

Aym280 my  lilies are doing great however I dont think the babys will flower this coming year. Maybe the one after. When they do flower I will have buckets of them :)  

• aym280 says:

Asclepias is nice, so is california poppy, they will go well together. Achillea summer berries are beautiful. 

Alstroemeria is good and perennial as well

http://www.flowers.org.uk/flowers/flowers-by-month/june/

See original post

Thats the type of list I was looking for :) Many Thanks Exciting times ahead!