Forum home Wildlife gardening

Big garden bird watch 2017

Hello I have just signed up for my bird watch pack

saw an advert today on TV the birds look so pretty

Here is a link for you to sign up and count those birds

https://ww2.rspb.org.uk/get-involved/activities/birdwatch?utm_source=homepagehero&utm_medium=website&utm_campaign=Birdwatch2017  

Who will be getting involved this year?

Last edited: 11 January 2017 21:46:23

Hampshire Gardener

• LG_LG_ gardens in SE LondonPosts: 2,806

We'll be doing it, as usual - it's good to stop and stare for a bit, apart from anything else!

'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.'
    - Cicero
  • Gardengirl..Gardengirl.. Posts: 4,072

Could not get the link to work hope this one does

https://ww2.rspb.org.uk/get-involved/activities/birdwatch  

Hampshire Gardener
  • chickychicky SurreyPosts: 9,241

I'll be counting????

Do it every year, and nearly always see something different - just shows what a difference standing still and watching properly for an hour makes image. Only time I have ever seen a sparrowhawk in this garden was on a Big Garden Birdwatch.

We did not inherit the earth from our grandparents.  We’re borrowing it from our children.

We're in!!

• AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 3,642

Just ordered the Bird Watch pack for my niece - if she can sit still for an hour! 

My garden and I live in South Wales. 
  • Got mine in the post yesterday - have done it ever since our daughters were young - very worthwhile even though we are not u.k. mainland. Do herring gulls count - we used to have some of them here(menaces) if we put bread on the bird table - but we no longer put it out for the birds - only tiny seedy stuff.

• Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,489

Do it every year.

SW Scotland
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 63,866
    Joyce21 says:

Do it every year.

See original post

Same here image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• My daughter and I will be taking part again.. Third year running! We love it! ?????

• Bright starBright star Wrea GreenPosts: 773

My pack is in the post! ???. Havent participated for a good while. We have set up a bird feeding station opposite our house and the birds are very busy on it. Having to top up the feeders every day. 

Life's tragedy is that we get old too soon and wise too late.