Forum home The potting shed

GW Magazines

I feel like it's ages since I had a magazine through the post so am trying to to work out what the most recent issue I have read is to determine if/when my subscription ran out without me noticing. Can someone give a brief synopsis of AT's last word article for the Dec and Jan issues? 

Thanks! 

• Evening PoddingtonP - the latest issue is the January edition, with a sparrow on the cover (heading: Save our Sparrows!). AT's Jan last word is on New Year Resolutions, and what he'd like to change about the gardening world.

Other content in the issue - Monty on how to have 12 months of interest in your garden; Carol's guide to clematis, planting and pruning; StartIng a veg plot, with Adam Frost's tips on getting the most from your space; and 50 new gardening ideas to try in 2017. Plus the world's top wildflower destinations, and we ask: Can gardening help to save the NHS? 

Hope this jogs your memory! If it doesn't sound familiar, and you want to see the latest subs offers, try here:

https://www.buysubscriptions.com/print/bbc-gardeners-world-magazine-subscription?&contenttype=content

Thanks, and have a good weekend...

Lucy, Editor, BBC Gardeners' World Magazine

• KT53KT53 Posts: 4,057

If you do subscribe make sure it's delivered by Royal Mail, not courier.  They changed my delivery to courier and I didn't receive a single copy on time during that period.  In fact I didn't receive a couple of the courier deliveries at all!  A couple of calls to the subscriptions office got it sorted.  No more problems since it reverted to Royal Mail.

• floraliesfloralies Posts: 687

Are they still sending out reminders that your subscription is up for renewal? When I didn't receive December magazine I rang subscriptions and found it had lapsed so renewed it then. I was told I would receive December and January but haven't got either yet! Mine come through Royal Mail/La Poste.

• Well in the past I have had a reminder in with a mag, but haven't noticed one recently. I assumed it was just me not noticing in the chaos of Christmas, but perhaps you're right and i haven't has a reminder. 

Thanks all! 

• KT53KT53 Posts: 4,057

My subscription is done by Direct Debit and I don't recall seeing anything to tell me it was due for renewal.  To be honest, there is so much bumph (the polite version) in the pack that I don't look that closely.  It all just goes straight into recycling.

• floraliesfloralies Posts: 687

We don't get much"bumph" here in France KT53 so I know I didn't receive it, if there was one. Maybe others could say if they have stopped. Still waiting for December and January issues though.