Copper Kettle water feature, where to find one??

imageHi All,

New here and just subscribed to the Gardeners world magazine, im 30 and recently got into gardening. So much so I have redesigned my full garden! However I may have made a rookie mistake! I had an idea in my head to have a water feature (within a pond I dug) which consists of a copper kettle held up by a copper pipe - pouring the water being pumped up from a water pump back into the pond. (If any of you watched small gardens big ideas with Monty - it was the alice and wonderland themed garden). I have added a picture of someone who has done it on Youtube.

Does anyone know where I could buy such a feature? I would make it myself but not that confident! also I don't know how I would make the copper pipe stable when the water is flowing as it would move about with the pressure and the weight of the water in the kettle!

Anyone have any recommendations where to look?  I am open  to other ideas! As long as its within the Alice theme my wife is looking for. The garden has also focused on purple, pink, flowers with cobble stone walls.

Thanks in advance!

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 54,535

The first place I would look would be here https://www.primrose.co.uk/water-features-c-1.html don't know if they have one but .......

Good luck image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Thanks Dove

None there :( however if I buy plants from their sale I will be blaming you ;) lol

• Probably a custom-build job, if you don't want to do it yourself these people might help (May be based in the US).  [http://waterfallforge.com/custom-copper-fountains-waterfalls.htm]

You could simplify the design by bending the copper pipe (imagine a candy cane) and hanging the kettle from it, that way you won't need to solder the copper- except possibly soldering the handle onto the pipe which is much less of a job as that doesn't need to be water tight.  I shouldn't worry about the pressure though, fit an isolation valve and you can control it as you see fit and use a 22mm pipe and it'll be sturdy enough.

• that's a cracking idea Bob cheers for that, I like the idea of changing the shape of the pipe as I could still make it work!

• Pete.8Pete.8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 4,611

What fun!

If you used some strong clear plastic pipe to support the kettle and deliver the water, the kettle would appear to just hang in the air.
    With some careful planning, the water that comes out of the spout (almost) completely covers the plastic pipe that delivers it, so all you can see is water coming out of the spout of a kettle 4ft above the ground with no obvious support.

I've not read the book for years, but it's one of my all-time faves

Good luck with your Wonderland garden

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.