Forum home Problem solving

ideas for storing seeds

2»

• PerkiPerki Rossendale - LancashirePosts: 2,285

I got the box given to me when I was 8 - 9, I used to collect Pokemon cards then. Now its an ideal size for packs of seeds image

Last edited: 04 January 2017 22:09:16

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 20,359

I store mine in a drawer in the utility room. But I've just seen an idea on the French Internet, someone stored them in a photo album that has clear pockets in it so you can see all the packets when you turn the pages.

Dordogne and Norfolk
  • hi all    some good ideas there I use the wifes small pill bottles they are about 1nch half tall have about 20 of them and some very small plastic boxes of g/daughters nail kits and have them in sweet tins that we have used over past few years 

• Bright starBright star Wrea GreenPosts: 1,121

I've been looking on Pinterest and the photo album and pill bottles idea is very popular on there, also medicaticatin boxes that have a different compartment for each day of the week. Once you start looking it's amazing what you could use especially when u look in the arts and craft storage section on amazon. I think probably the less fussy the better and the more I look the more appealing the photograph album idea becomes. 

Life's tragedy is that we get old too soon and wise too late.

• I want to have a big tray thing that Monty has in his potting shed. Man I wish I could have a potting shed 

• stuart.dotstuart.dot Bromley, KentPosts: 127

For me the expanding folder from Chris 172 is the most practical, precisely because it is "expanding" and allows for various thicknesses and numbers of packets 

• I keep mine in a photoalbum. Perfect as you can see all of them by just turning pages and I sort them after when to sow. 

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 21,134

Mine are all thrown in a box and a tin,  no order, chaos in fact. But I love getting those containers out in February  and sorting them, a pile of what I will be sowing this year, others back for next year.

Then they are filed in another box in date order of when I will sow them. 

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor.