Plant orders for 2017

Beaus MumBeaus Mum Posts: 3,430

Happy new year everyone ????

I have ordered cosmos seeds: Lemonade, Cupcakes, Sweet Sixteen and Cosimo Red/white.

And ordered three dahlia tubers: Labyrinth, Totally Tangerine and Chick a Dee.

Has anyone else placed any orders?

I blame Jack Frost as too cold and frosty to get out in the garden ????

• Pete8Pete8 Posts: 2,920

Erm - yes

Aster Duchess Blue Ice Cornfolower Midget Cosmos  - Purity  Cosmos - Psyche Wight Cosmos Daydream Cosmos Dwarf Sonata Mixed Seeds Cosmos Gazebo mix Cosmos Xanthos Seeds Dahlia Bishop's Children Dahlia Dwarf Mix Eschscholzia Ivory Castle Godetia Rembrandt Heliopsis Summer Nights Seeds Honeywort saved seed 2016 Larkspur - White King Rudbeckia Chim Chiminee Seeds Scabious caucasia Sunflower Mixed Sweet Pea - High Scent Sweet Pea - Twilight Sweet Pea Hi Scent Seeds Sweet Pea Incense Mixed Seeds
    and
    Basil Chili Jalapeno Coriander Calypso Seeds Dill Kale Nero di Toscana Seeds Lettuce Mixed Salad Leaves Lettuce Mixed Salad Leaves Parsley Radish Candela di foco Spring Onion White Lisbon Tomato - Garden Pearl Tomato - Maskotka Tomato - Suncherry Premium Tomato - Sungold Tomato - Tmbling Tom

I took advantage of the Mr Frothergills offer that was mentioned on this forum back in 2016
    Maybe I took over advantage image

And a Happy New Year to all

Last edited: 03 January 2017 17:33:38

• Beaus MumBeaus Mum Posts: 3,430

Wow Pete that is some order ?

Dont feel so bad now ha ha

also you have reminded me I hadn't ordered Purity! I'm off to Mr Frothergills website now!

• Kitty 2Kitty 2 ManchesterPosts: 3,672

I'm cheap and bought my seeds in the autumn sales?

Haven't even thought about "live" plants yet?

Happy new year Beaus Mum ???, nice to see you again?

• AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 1,292

Crumbs Pete8! 

There is something so exciting about seed packets - the anticipation of new plant life to come. 

Sweet peas are a must for me this year. In fact I was only thinking of them today when I noticed my 'everlasting' sweet pea is shooting up despite the frost! The hardy sweet pea I have doesn't have a fragrance so I want to grow some scented ones this year. Recommendations welcome... image

My garden and I live in South Wales. 

Oh I did cheap too Kitty ? But not yet so far this year ha ha

Kitty I have a bone to pick with you! I clicked on the link you posted on another thread earlier and ended up watching father ted clips for almost all the afternoon! X

HI AuntyRach

i was disappointed that my everlasting sweet pea also didn't have a scent! What's the point? If it has survived the frost I may lose it in the recycle bin ?

I can not recommend any best scented sweet peas but have opinion on the colour, I don't like the speckled ones ??

• Kitty 2Kitty 2 ManchesterPosts: 3,672

Ha, ha, ha image  soz, I couldn't help myself, you've gotta love a bit of Dougal. I did the same myself.... Spider baby ?

image It was PP who started it, honest image

• Andy LeedsAndy Leeds Posts: 490

Just a small order so far, a Hamamelis Diane, Stipa gigantea and I'm tempted by fucshia Delta Sarah and Loropetalum fire dance.  Maybe another couple of weeks before I go for those ?.

Small but nice order Andy ? I have the delta Sarah Fuschias and not sure if I like the much or not.  I got them as my sister is called Sarah! One fuschia I really love and was amazing last year was one that is hardy and called micro "something" it has tiny tiny flowers and is beautiful.

Kitty I guessed PP would have something to do with it ?? my fave is the dancing in the caravan and the disco when the only record they had was ghost town ????

• Jason millyJason milly Posts: 301

I did pick alot of seeds in the end of season sale , but did just made a order for my hanging baskets and troughs I want a good trailing display , in the past used lobilia and putunias but going to use less putunias as dont get a great show if weather a bit cold , so going to use some good work horses , lobilia , pansys all trailing varieties they flower and flower .