Foundation design

i want to rework this front yard of this new home purchase. I don't like how the plants are heavily manicured. I like order but prefer something a little more natural. 

Im considering loropetalum, 'Sunrise' ligustrum, Indian hawthorne to name a few. I'm open to ideas!  Feel free to chime in. 

I live in Arkansas, USA zone 7b. The house faces north. image

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 23,662

Hi Darrell hope you had a nice Christmas image

Unfortunately,  most of the forum members here are UK based, with a few in Europe, so it might be tricky to recommend plants. I'd suggest finding a USA based forum which might be better for ideas, but no doubt you'll get a few suggestions here anyway.

Do you want flowering shrubs mainly, with some perennials, or shrubs only? A mix of deciduous and evergreen or are you not bothered? Any colour preferences? Any extra bits of info will help with advice image

And somewhere on the hill
    Inside the past we hear the bells
    Catching only parts of thoughts
    And fragments of ourselves
    Till we begin
    Again

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 53,162

I think I'd allow the evergreens that are already there to grow into a 'hedge' and then prune it into a random organic shape

The 10th photo on this site shows what I mean https://www.saga.co.uk/magazine/home-garden/gardening/ideas/12-beautiful-examples-of-creative-cloud-pruning#

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh