Forum home The potting shed

Christmas ghosts

B3B3 Posts: 15,072

Based on your experiences this year, what message would you send yourself for Christmas 2017?

What message would you sent back to Christmas 2016. What mattered and what didn't?

In London. Keen but lazy.

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 17,528

TRY NOT TO BE SUCH A CLUMSY CLOT. 

DON'T FORGET TO KEEP BREATHING.

HOW ABOUT YOU, B3?

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • ID TRY AND STOP MYSELF WORRYING...(ALWAYS BEEN A WORRIER, EVEN THOUGH IM A VERY HAPPY PERSON ON THE OUTSIDE)....BUT I DOUBT THE WORRYING WILL CHANGE, ITS PART OF ME, I THINK ??! MAYBE TRY AND PUT MYSELF FIRST A LITTLE BIT MORE....? AND I "WILL" MANAGE TO GROW LEEKS AND SPROUTS NEXT YEAR! ?.

MESSAGE TO SEND BACK WOULD BE, HMMMM: "PLEASE, PLEASE CAN WE HAVE PEACE"?

AS PANSY SAID: WHATS YOURS B3??? ????

• B3B3 Posts: 15,072

IT'S ONLY A  ####### ROAST DINNER!  THIS MESSAGE WOULD GO BACK AND FORWARD.

• Yes B3, said that a hundred times this week ?

But did you listen, Clarice?

I didn't.

Bubble and squeak tomorrow unless fridge gets raided - yum!

• Yes I did as there was only two of us B3, and the rest, went to our animals...? No waste....?.

All pots squeeky clean, and without the rushing around for a "BIG" shop, for it all to be waisted......

To be honest, the shops only close for two days so "WHY" lol....?

I must admit that I miss having a pet to toss before and after trimmings to. 

• ???????

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 22,279

For next year in the kitchen?  Get a proper kitchen with my real ovens and dishwasher plumbed in!   This new house has a dishwasher that can't wash any dinner plate bigger than 23cms across.   Ours are 24 or more............   It has a lovely 5 burner gas hob with a large gas oven that is brilliant for roasting meats but cannot bake for toffee.  The electric combi/microwave oven is fine for heating up a quiche but not good for baking mince pies or cakes.  

For the garden?  Get measuring asap and plan a few ornamental and perfumed beds and get a man with a digger to sort out the fruit and veg plot so I can get a polytunnel in and grow babies that will be big enough to eat later on.   Label everything when sowing and pricking out.   Do not let OH go off and start jobs on his own.   He's very willing bu a bit clueless........

Find a local gardening group to join and share with.

Last edited: 26 December 2016 14:13:59

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • hogweedhogweed Central ScotlandPosts: 3,992

Get out more. Fall back in love with my garden which has been sadly neglected this year, partly through ill health and partly through cantbebotherdness. 

'Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement' - Helen Keller