Forum home The potting shed

Winter flowers

There is a lovely Mahonia flowering away in my front garden and how cheerful it looks in the winter gloom. Winter flowers are so valuable to insects and humans alike. I would like to take a picture of it or copy one from my library but do not know how to reproduce it here. Can anyone help me with this?

• LoganLogan Posts: 2,532

Hi daydaisy, it all depends on what your using. I use my phone. there's a camera in the right hand corner, click on that and should get a list of things you can do.i n the list I get camera, photos and quick pics. I click on one and  photos should come up, select one and it should come on the forum. I hope that helps.image

• daydaisydaydaisy Posts: 372

Thanks Logan, I did try clicking on the camera but somehow failed to get my photo from my library reproduced. I also tried to take a photo directly but that didn't work either. I'll have another go shortly. Perhaps I am just not getting it right, typical of me! 

Thanks anyway, I'll keep trying image

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,160

reduce the size of the photo. I reduce mine to 30%, (phone or camera pics)

nutcutlet says:

reduce the size of the photo. I reduce mine to 30%, (phone or camera pics)

See original post

I don't need to do that with mine. It must be different.

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,160

I've never managed to upload anything but very small pics, but this little Samsung is quite elderly (like its owner). Never tried from the phone.

nutcutlet says:

I've never managed to upload anything but very small pics, but this little Samsung is quite elderly (like its owner). Never tried from the phone.

See original post

I only know how to use a phone

image Oh dear! I've managed to upload my Mahonia photo but now it's upside down! 

Any more winter flower photos from anyone, especially if you can upload them correctly.image

It seems to have righted itself all on it's own. Hurray!!

now how did that happen.

Haven't got many. Here is a primrose, not a wild one.image

A polianthus.

And a rose still in flower

• It's lovely to see a bit of colour in the garden at this time of year, especially on the dull and gloomy days.  Here are mine for today.

1. Winter Jasmine in flower now 2. Holly berries a week ago, which have since been eaten by the blackbirds, and cheating a little but my poinsettia which was given to me last Christmas and is now flowering again with no special treatment apart from watering a Baby bio feed every now and again.imageimageimage

Last edited: 16 December 2016 20:23:52