Forum home Fruit & veg

Sprouts

Hi all

Hope many of the forum have got their sprouts ready for Christmas Day.

To be honest already picked a good few and they have been the best taste to date from the Lottie, and always hated them when I was a kidimageimage

I should have some left for the big day, any veg fans out there ready for the harvest

Happy gardening

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • What a beast

Scroggin

love it and parsnips well done

• SkandiSkandi Northern DenmarkPosts: 940

I loath the things but I have six plants, because hubs likes them, and I thought they might make good winter greens for the chickens and ducks. I grew "Jade Cross" and they look no where near as good as yours. to be honest they look like they should have been harvested two months ago. they've lost all but the very top leaves, and the sprouts all have brown leaves on the outside, way more effort to clean up than they are worth.

Going to sound silly, what are your little bits of drainpipe for?

• Kitty 2Kitty 2 ManchesterPosts: 5,150

Growing for the first time with seeds from a "funky veg kit" given last Xmas, I thought what the heck, I'll give it a go and sowed in spring.

I have lots of nice coloured leaves but not much going on underneathimage

Ah well, it was a bit of fun trying to grow my purple sproutsimage

• just came back  hour ago with some sweede sprout flowers  parsnip spuds and shop meat    going to enjoy lunch a programme this morn on country file with same thing on image

• Second year now that my sprouts have came to nothing ?? BUT I shall keep trying as I don't like to be beating lol ??

•  hi all   talking about sprouts the programme on sat morn country file  showed the farmer and gang walking field and taking sprouts tops  to get more growth on sprouts that is a new one on me but if it worlks ok try it (don't waste the head of plant cook it  tastes great like tender cabbage    Michael