Forum home The potting shed

A Place To Call Home

Next Monday BBC 2 are repeating the above in the afternoon at 4.30pm,every day Monday- Friday. It's series 1 but they will probably do 2 & 3, in time for new series 4. I'll be watching it again,even though I've seen 1&2 before.image

• LoganLogan Posts: 2,532

Aym, that's good. Maybe you'll be able to watch it properly this time around.image

Aym, I like Anna too. Good luck with your lean-to.image

I've been preparing the roast potatoes for xmas and put them in the freezer. Just finished walking the dogs. Hubby's just gone out to get Bracken's tablets.

Last edited: 02 December 2016 17:53:37

• pr1mr0sepr1mr0se Posts: 1,142

Is this the series set in Australia, with a dysfunctional family (aren't they always?) with the matriarch from hell?  If so, I shall make sure to watch it again - it was extremely good the first time I saw it. It was set shortly after the second world war, if I remember correctly, and there were some good plot lines. And there was a promise of a further series, I think.

• pr1mr0sepr1mr0se Posts: 1,142

Thanks aym - I'll make sure to watch it all.  I missed some episodes, I think, but I'll try not to make the same mistake again.

Aym, yes well I did take a long time to answer.imageI start cooking the dinner at 1pm because it takes so long to do, then when the pressure cooker is on I take barley out,then when I come back hubby takes bracken out,when he comes back I take berry out,when I come back they have their food,then we have our dinner. Then they go out again. I do the washing up, then we sit down and watch some telly and fall asleep.image

Aym, sorry I've only just seen your post. I went to see a friend yesterday afternoon, hubby's got a cold on his chest so I had to do his dog walking and get the dinner ready then take them out again.It's only certain programmes that I fall asleep.Glad your son is coming home.That soup sounds lovely. Barley won't go out with the other's, he grabs the lead and start's pulling it and Bracken's so slow, it's best to take him on his own. Anyway it's good exercise.

Aym, haven't got room for a dishwasher.Glad your happy with yours. Sorry about your arthritis,i think I have it a bit in my feet. I'm alright when I'm doing things but when I sit down the joint on my big toe tightens up.

Last edited: 04 December 2016 09:56:41

Aym, meant to say, got the xmas RT. There showing the first series of a place to call home before Xmas and maybe show the rest in the new year.

Aym, that's ok. You'll understand more about Libby and the baby in the 2nd and 3rd series.image

aym280 says:

DHR: By revisiting the series, I really love the dialogues. They are quite waspish and yet they all seem to know what the others are thinking, which is unlikely to be true. I think Sarah has got a very sexy voice and she is far prettier than Reggie. I still think the first series is the best. After that, things get a bit far-fetched.

See original post

Aym, What things get a bit far-fetched

aym280 says:

Logan: Did George consummate his marriage to Reggie? 

See original post

Aym, yes he did, but she drugged him, to do so.

Last edited: 15 December 2016 20:43:58