Forum home Plants
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Sweet peas

bulkerbbulkerb Posts: 258

I have been growing seeds in my greenhouse they were doing well so I moved them into the non heated section well they seem to get to around 4 inches tall then fall off  at ground level what are my failings advice please lester 

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 17,617

Are slugs chewing them off ? or mice digging them up for the seed.?

• Dave MorganDave Morgan Posts: 3,123

It's one of three things, damping off, mice or slugs. More than likely mice. I've had to resow and set traps this year due to field mice digging up the seeds. 

• punkdocpunkdoc Posts: 15,039

Don't think damping off if that height and no longer in covered.

More likely mice or slugs.

How can you lie there and think of England
    When you don't even know who's in the team

S.Yorkshire/Derbyshire border
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • bulkerbbulkerb Posts: 258

well this is what has happened I started my seedlings in the heated part of my greenhouse to get them to germinate.

Most of them have germinated which was great and as they were perenials I moved them into the non heated section which I have to say has been above the outside temp.

any way the plants seem to get to around 4 inches high then rot off, its not slugs or mice its just upsetting as I want them for the wall outside the kitchen.

I have now put the remaining plants back into the heated section to see if that keeps them whole as always thanks for your thoughts and ideas lester