Forum home Garden design

How could Improve this ugly part of my back garden?

2»

• chickychicky SurreyPosts: 9,259

I like it image. All the different levels give it some interest - you just need to soften the edges with some decent size shrubs and get plantingimage

We did not inherit the earth from our grandparents.  We’re borrowing it from our children.
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 22,822

I agree. Buy or hire a pressure washer to clean all the steps and paving stones and put some pots or troughs of plants and flowers along the side edges of the steps.  You can change the contents for seasonal interest or go for permanent shrubs or perennials such as phormiums or even herbs.

I would also move the whirlygig and maybe extend the bottom level to allow for a table and some chairs or a bench and then improve the soil in the existing bed with a couple of large bags of compost and plant something interesting - shrubs, roses, perennials, bulbs, 

Try erectinga trellis panel at the house end of that bed to hide the wheely bin or move it to the other side and put pots of herbs there or a BBQ.   Depends which way the garden faces and how much sun it gets.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw