Forum home Plants
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Trehane Nursery

LoganLogan Posts: 2,532

Hi just to let you know, I've just received 3 blueberry plants from the above and their really healthy. Came well packed and tied in. Varieties are 2 Aurora and Liberty. Both late fruiting. They will go well with the other 19.image

Last edited: 26 November 2016 12:50:09

• ClaringtonClarington Posts: 4,949

Good to know! I've been thinking about fruit bushes for a gift for someone.

• I love pears. Sadly pear cuttings need to be grafted onto a quince rootstock, otherwise they will grow into a huge woodland-sized tree and take many many years before bearing blossom and fruit. Hence the old saying, "You plant pears for your heirs". 

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• LoganLogan Posts: 2,532

Aym, their 2lr pots. Had them before off them, so their a good nursery. Yes I'm greedy can't have too many.image

Never good at taking cuttings,but with plants they'll fruit away.image

Dove I've got a super column pear tree, still young yet.image

• Logan says:

....  Dove I've got a super column pear tree, still young yet.image

See original post

We've got a Concorde Pear - we bought it as a maiden four years ago from Reads Nursery and trained it as an espalier  at the edge of the terrace where we sit out and eat on summer evenings - it has three tiers now and we had our first four fruit this year - absolutely delicious image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.