Forum home Plants

Trehane Nursery

LoganLogan Posts: 2,532

Hi just to let you know, I've just received 3 blueberry plants from the above and their really healthy. Came well packed and tied in. Varieties are 2 Aurora and Liberty. Both late fruiting. They will go well with the other 19.image

Last edited: 26 November 2016 12:50:09

• ClaringtonClarington Posts: 4,949

Good to know! I've been thinking about fruit bushes for a gift for someone.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 60,733

I love pears. Sadly pear cuttings need to be grafted onto a quince rootstock, otherwise they will grow into a huge woodland-sized tree and take many many years before bearing blossom and fruit. Hence the old saying, "You plant pears for your heirs". 

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• LoganLogan Posts: 2,532

Aym, their 2lr pots. Had them before off them, so their a good nursery. Yes I'm greedy can't have too many.image

Never good at taking cuttings,but with plants they'll fruit away.image

Dove I've got a super column pear tree, still young yet.image

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 60,733
    Logan says:

....  Dove I've got a super column pear tree, still young yet.image

See original post

We've got a Concorde Pear - we bought it as a maiden four years ago from Reads Nursery and trained it as an espalier  at the edge of the terrace where we sit out and eat on summer evenings - it has three tiers now and we had our first four fruit this year - absolutely delicious image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh