Forum home The potting shed

A Puzzle to help you over the winter

As you can see, I need to take a better photo......this was just a try out tonight and no use whatsoever.

It gives you an idea tho.......this is image A and once I have it sorted, you should be able to find 360 things beginning with A.

I will upload some better images over the weekend so watch this space - now I have rediscovered this, I want others to suffer as wellimageimage.

Image "A"...........rubbish pic - will do better at weekend

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 15,002

Angel, ass, aquarium.

Dordogne and Norfolk
  • Bright starBright star Wrea GreenPosts: 776

Alsatia, Anubis,aquarium,albatross, airship,Aries,aeroplan,aerosol, ... this is going to be fun?

Life's tragedy is that we get old too soon and wise too late.

• Bright starBright star Wrea GreenPosts: 776

Alligator, afghan,axe,ambulance, angler

Life's tragedy is that we get old too soon and wise too late.

• Yep............anything that you can find beginning with "A".  

The author/artist - his first words in the introduction to this magical mystery tour are as follows......Looking is not the same as seeing.  We are all proficient at looking but very poor at seeing.

Does that help at all ??  Didn't help me much when I started it all those years ago image  I'm being unfair because I have the pic in front of me but you have an Amputee who is also an Athlete  although not Animate......an Atlas ( with oceans and continents starting with A ) , an Ark full of Animals, Egyptian god Anubis............and so on.  

I actually just googled this and this is being sold on Amazon, Ebay etc for as little as a few quid. I'd say it's worth it just to hang the various images up throughout your house and drive yourself to distraction.......a notebook and pen in your pocket 24/7 to record your sudden revelations.....oops, smilies have disappeared again.

• Daisy33Daisy33 LondonPosts: 1,031

Airedale, Acropolis, Archbishop, Ark, auditory apparatus, auditorium, acting, Alps

• imageimage

"A" was a rough start I'll admit - better pics soon.  Quite fascinating tho if you have a few hours to waste image 

• Daisy33Daisy33 LondonPosts: 1,031

Agave, acer, amphora......

• Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 29,764

Alb, Astronomer. Artillery, Awns, Alarm Clock. Amphiprion ocellaris, Apparition, Auction, Alchemist, Abbot, Abbess, Acorn, Artwork, Automaton. I don't think I've repeated but it seems that the earlier you get on this post the easier it is as you don't have to keep going back to check you haven't written down something already there image

Love it Philippa! Might have to go and get the book. Thanks.

Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 29,764

One question Philippa, does Mike Wilks only have one letter per book? I've seen 'The Complete Ultimate Alphabet' for astronomical sums and books stating 'The letter P' etc. for a few pounds.

Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable