Forum home The potting shed

More surprises

Well I love to write my little tales of gardening well over the last week or so 2 boxes from Kellways arrived with 2 tree peonies and 3 herbaceous peonies in side they were purchased from Chelsea.

Well back soon my dogs not right bye 

• Pete.8Pete.8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 6,107

How lovely - We look forward to some pictures next year then Lester when you've worked your magic on them.

Hope doggie is ok.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
  • bulkerbbulkerb Posts: 258

Well Pete8 this is the third time of writing my peonies are resting nicely in my greenhouse in fact I will move them out side next week as they are hardy enough, all my other plants are doing well my 29 rescued iris plants will also be moved outside to lye quietly over winter.

Friday is another busy day as I have hired in a cultivator to turn over my old flower bed which was infested with ground elder and also to turn over a patch In my fruit cage where I will make a cutting garden.

So much to do but its lovely that I am afforded the freedom to use my brain to create new and interesting features around the property.

still spending plenty of time collecting leaves trailer after trailer so roll on the next couple of weeks when there all off.

oh for got to say removed 4 large Hydrangeas from the rose garden  I know its not the best time to remove them but I needed to move some roses which were planted to close to each other but as they say needs must. any way I made 7 plants from 4 and they are all potted up and sat in a sheltered spot next to my kitchen it was that or putting them on the bonfire.

roses look great in the garden and the bosses wife is happy so that's good enough for me I have also planted up some primroses in a grassed area ready to naturalise on there own so many projects I'm so excited and cant wait for the good weather again because its darn cold well that's it for today I'm at a different garden tomorrow plying my ideas there love it god bless you all Lester

Brooke my spaniel is doing well so were so happy with that as well and thank god for insurance Lester

• LoganLogan Posts: 2,532

Bulkerb, what is wrong with Brooke your spaniel?

• Pete.8Pete.8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 6,107

Sounds like you're a busy lad Lester.
    So pleased that Brooke is feeling better now.

Good luck with your projects!

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Brooke my spaniel had a spindle tumour growing threw her tounge she has had part of her tounge removed and with it the tumour she is doing really well but we now soften her food to make it easier for her to eat.

Just so you know she is almost 12 years old, I also have her mother who will be 15 in march and I also have brooke's son or izzi's grandson who is just over 4 years old .

Not only do I love plants but I also love dogs thank you for your concerns have a great weekend Lester

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 64,542

Glad to hear she's doing okay image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh