Forum home The potting shed

Friday nights

2»

• GWRSGWRS Posts: 7,847

Guernsey , definately agree 

Garden & Allotment dosen't stop because winter is hear and it is dark by 4-30  , just means you do less 

In fact I personally like the Winter , not keen on the rain thou but frost & snow is fine image

• I have a thread called pond progress aym. We started at work break neck speed with the help of some hired equipment - that has now been returned so now for the back breaking work of removing as much stone and glass as possible. Easier said than done.

Yes, that's it GWRS - they could also visit more gardens during the summer and use those for winter viewing - we all love summer gardens and can glean ideas for our ours.

• jaffacakesjaffacakes IrelandPosts: 422
    paula.conway says:

Hi jaffacakes, yes, go on youtube  and just put in Geoff Hamilton's name. I've watched quite a few.

See original post

Thanks Paula. Watching loads of clips on this cold dark evening to cheer me up image

• Kitty 2Kitty 2 ManchesterPosts: 5,150

Carol Klein's , "Life in a Cottage Garden" and "Plant Odyssey's" are showing in the Sunday morning gardening slot on BBC 2.  A nice surprise when I switched on this morning.

They should do similar on a Friday evening, I wouldn't mind repeats of a good series to tide us over the winter months.

• GWRSGWRS Posts: 7,847

Kitty , to be honest a bit early for me , not an early riser 

Do have lots of old garden programs recorded which I watch and delete 

Perhaps G/W could find a winter presenter , nothing against Monty but he has  said he is not good in the Winter , just a thought ?image