Forum home The potting shed

Camera Talk - part 2

• Tray14Tray14 Posts: 210

Sunrise in Hull Sunday 13th November

• Lovely pictures Tray - I never saw it looking so serene.  I lived in Hull for a short time - my mother came from Hull and my eldest brother was born in a house in one of the avenues. Happy days....

Thank you GD - was up for the weekend visiting my son who is at Uni there - love it when travelling up by train and the Humber bridge comes in to view - brilliant place - people are really friendly. 

• Yes, we went back quite a few years ago now & the bridge was a highlight although I used to love crossing to Lincolnshire on the paddle steamer  before bridge was built. Is your son living in or in digs? We used to have students living in some of the avenue houses.

Year 3 so in private house - Hull for me is amazing - travelled up about 7 times and still takes my breath away! Funny how as your kids get older they expand your horizons! Travelled from Cov to Manchester to Hull so cross Pennnines - the difference in one side to another amazing ?

• It's the year of culture (?) for Hull next year - it would be lovely to take a look again but alas I can no longer travel. It was heavily bombed in the WWII but still has some amazing buildings. Enjoy your visits whilst your son is still at the Uni.

• Bushman2Bushman2 Posts: 548

Hello all. Some stunning pictures. Especially the underwater ones. Here are some more from my road trip.

Dornoch beach.

Findhorn beach

One of the rigs at Nigg opposite Cromarty.

This one's for fairy. Looking down the water at Ullapool.

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 30,480

Hi Bushman. I hope your road trip was good therapy. 

Fab photos.

Devon.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 74,908

Good to see you Bushman image  Thanks for the photos image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,489

Nostalgic for these places, Bushman.

Lovely to see blue skies again.

SW Scotland