Forum home The potting shed

Camera Talk - part 2

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 15,500

imageimageimageimageOne of my favourites. Me face to face with a big spotty fish. He was definitely looking at me. Probably because I had forgotten a snorkel when we jumped in and I was spluttering around.

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3

imageimageInside Thundercliff cave, Christmas Island, Indian Ocean.imageThe picnic area , Direction Island.

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 17,454

Sheps, when a thread gets to 1000 posts Nora from the Gardeners' World team asks the person who started it to start a new thread.

Dordogne and Norfolk
  • What amazing pictures - those fish - the colours are fab and just so unlike anything we get here - what a wonderful experience to dive with them - love the owl Sheps - one of my favourite birds and looking so directly at the camera too. The bleak and haunting snow scene is beautiful too for so many reasons. This is a brilliant thread - it reminds me that there is more out their than my garden and familiar surroundings.

• Pat EPat E Posts: 10,612

Great shots everyone 

S. E. NSW

I've got lots of fish shots. From the sublime to the ridiculous....

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 26,933

Beautiful pictures.   That snow scene is so serene and the fish colours so vibrant.    I have seen fish pedicures advertised further south in France on hols before and now I find there's one opening at Nantes which is not that far form here.

Beautiful barn owl - I've not heard one here yet but there are others about of the towit towoo variety.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 42,229

fidget - I love your photos. I hope you'll post more of them - even if you've posted them before. It's what I don't like about threads being closed. Many people (new members in particular) don't get a chance to see photos that have been previously posted - fidget's are a classic example.

Goatfell has a lovely trig on the summit  

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

Kat the solitary dugong

imageimagesometimes the coral is so good you have to keep fins awayimagePrison islandimageimageManicureimagesleeping octopus sat on a rock,welldisguised.

imageimageSunset. All photos ,Cocos keeling islands,Indian Ocean.

Last edited: 13 November 2016 17:09:28

For the video of the octopus...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWZ7-6qyTBc

and Kat the dugong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Low82JoQ_kQ

Last edited: 13 November 2016 17:14:15