Forum home Talkback

Talkback: Planting courgettes

• I also have a problem with something biting off the courgette flowers. Who is it and what to do?
  • my courgettes are coming on well and already have finger sized courgettes on them but i have something biting holes in the leaves what is it how do i control it ?
    and is it a good idea to grow courgettes with pumpkins because i am
  • What are the raised brown spots/scabs on my potatoes that I have just dug up. The whole potato bed is the same.
    The variety is Arran Pilot. Is it Potato Scab?
  • I managed to get a courgette plant from someone at work and planted this in a growbag on my balcony. Managed to grow 3 male flowers which all dropped off and now have new buds growing closer to the centre of the plant. My concern is that something is eating my leaves but as I live two floors up it can't be slugs! They look like big bites (caterpillar size!) but I can't find anything. I found a few small black things which I squished but the leaves continue to disappear. What can I do to stop this invisible bug?
  • My courgette plant leaves have turned a pale yellow green colour and the courgettes are coming out white! What am I doing wrong?
  • I planted 2 courgette seeds in a pot at the beginning of July (too late really) One didn't germinate. It is currently on the kitchen window sill. I am wondering if I should keep the pot indoors through the winter or should I take a chance and plant outside. The plant is now approx 9 inches high. If I plant outside now, will I get any fruit this year and will it survive the winter
  • I planted 8 Sacks of the Potatoes as advertised on many sites. I harvested my first bag last week and got 2lbs 5 oz of Potatoes. there should have been about 20lbs or so. What have I done wrong I did follow the instructions to the letter, I wondered if anybody else has had the same problem
  • I have not grown courgettes before, I have 2 plants and they hhave loads of flowers on, but only a few have the fruit on them, most of the flowers are just growing wild on the end of a stem,,,, should I cut these off?? please advise
  • I have a couple of pumpkin plants and was wondering if its ok to prune off some leaves and there seems to be alot of male flowers should i prune these off not sure what to do
  • Hi all, how exactly do i know when my cougettes are ready to pull out?