Sssssssscared or what?

what a scary prog. image David Attenborough right now.  Those snakes chasing that Lizard!  Glad the doors and windows are closed  image

mind you, could be spiders around image

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Glad I didn't see them - snakes definitely not a favourite creature of mine!

Actually gave up on the programme after about 20 minutes:  so fed up with the music - not background but foreground much of the time, and intensely irritating. image

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 12,039

I said to hubby, if the snakes were CGI I would have said they had overegged it. Talk about a horror story. I hate snakes. When we were last on Christmas Island, I understood that the crazy ants were slowly being eradicated, to protect the crabs. There were signs up in the forested area warning of poison bait. The feral cats were euthanised, and pet cats were  spayed or castrated to protect the birds that nest on the ground. No more cats will be allowed on the island.

It's not a mess, it's a nature reserve.
  • YviestevieYviestevie Kingswinford, West MidlandsPosts: 4,293

Thank God I wasn't watching it.imageimage

Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands
  • B3B3 Posts: 6,375

I always liked the simile: 'as thin as a racing snake'. I thought it was made up - like racehorses are thin. But now I realise it must come from the racer snake.

My husband will have nightmares tonight. He's even afraid of the plastic poundshop lootbag snakes image

In London. Keen but lazy.
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 12,039

We did find a red crab in our bathroom, on the upper floor!

It's not a mess, it's a nature reserve.
  • punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 5,799

I have been lucky enough to see these snakes. There are 5 separate species on the different islands. I hate snakes [ why do I go to places that have lots? ]

They are constrictors and not really harmful to people, although they looked bloody scary in the film tonight.

Ah, but I was so much older then
    I'm younger than that now