Forum home The potting shed

Andy Murray

ZenjeffZenjeff Newcastle Upon Tyne Posts: 571

As you know I am a huge Andy fan just to confirm he is the new world number 1 image

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 26,165

Nice to see a Scot at the top.

Devon.
  • Daisy33Daisy33 LondonPosts: 1,031

Indeed, well deserved. Shame it was a walkover though.

• Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,489

Daisy, it preserves the nervous energy for the finalimage

SW Scotland

Ours or his, Joyce? image

• Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,489

Ours, Daisy.  I'm like his grandmother and retreat to the kitchen when things are dicey.

SW Scotland

Hah, me too Joyce. I had to buy the DVD of Andy winning his first Wimbledon as I spent most of the match not watching it!

• punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 8,545

At times like this I reclaim my Scottish heritage.

Did they tear it out with talons of steel
    And give you a shot, so that you wouldn't feel?
    And washed it away as if it wasn't real?
  • It's brilliant news, we have been following his career for quite some time now, he has far more drive and ambition than Tim had, although a nice bloke we feel that Andy has been extremely lucky with his mum and brother Jamie so involved in the sport too. Marriage and parenthood seem to have given him the surge to progress even further. Well done Andy!

I just wish that Heather could have done better in the singles this year.

• KT53KT53 Posts: 4,494

I'm also delighted with him hitting the No1 spot.  Almost equally delighted that we've got this far in the discussion without anybody slagging him off!!

He can come across a bit dour at times, but he's not a professional interviewee - he's a professional tennis player and the best these islands have produced for many years.  Hopefully his achievement can simply be celebrated.