Forum home Plants

Rudbeckia Sunbeckia.

homebirdhomebird Posts: 110

I bought this last month and planted it in the garden. Should I pot it up and keep it over winter in the cold greenhouse. It was said to be a perenial and hardy but I have also read that these are more often grown as annuals. I would like to keep it if possible.image

• homebirdhomebird Posts: 110

Thank you Verdun. I will do that and keep my fingers crossed.....

• YviestevieYviestevie Posts: 7,063

Oh, thanks for posting this.  I bought one a few weeks ago, didn't realise it was more of an annual.  Planted it outside and was planning on leaving it there.  Anyone else grown one.

Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands
  • Maggie33Maggie33 Posts: 7
    Here in Leics. I play safe and dig mine up, put them in a pot, and keep frost free over the winter, foliage will die back, and regrow in Spring - then I replant outside in May
  • Maggie33Maggie33 Posts: 7
    Despite keeping my Sunbeckia in a frost free shed over the winter, it didn't survive, so I've just bought another one Sunbeckia Alicia, so as well las trying to keep it frost free over the winter, I'll be taking cuttings - fingers crossed

• FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 54,716
    If you read the thread @Maggie33 , the reply given by @Yviestevie suggests it's an annual, so although the thread is 5 years old, that's the relevant bit of info.  :)
    The missing posts are because of the poster being banned.
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

I live in west central Scotland - not where that photo is...