Forum home The potting shed

Sheds are in fashion, here is mine :)

Hi all, I see Gardeners World november issue want to know what we get up to in our sheds?! Now keeping it clean, what do you do in your shed? Mine is a "she-shed" and i love her. Lots of hard graft went in to building her this summer, electric connected last week for some frost/damp protection for the winter. Today I sat and read my latest issue of Gardeners World in my shed, enjoying the sun with my dog at my feet, bliss. I waited 10 years for my shed, she was worth waiting for :) love to hear your shed stories....

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,160

Shed?

That's a summer house (or something)

Where do you keep the garden tools?

• Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,489

Loana....I could use a she-shed/summerhouse like that as a convenient bolt hole.

SW Scotland
  • LoanaLoana Posts: 427

I really don't have many tools, so they are in my husbands shed ;) i do all potting up outside on a patio table.  Great as a bolt hole joyce21, they come in many sizes, could easily sleep in it ;) hardest job is preparing the timber as it comes naked, and then you have to build it, bit by bit....

Thank you, it cost £2400 to buy, it came flat packed in separate pieces. It took several,days to wood preserve it and then friends and family helped to build her, over about 3 days and then the roof was put on and then two coats of  sadolin super dec. I waited many years for it but worth the wait ;) glad you like it....

• imageimage

Hi all, further to Gardeners World November issue “what we get up to in our sheds?!

I thought I’d share the “Garden Room” that I constructed last year but decided to use structural timbers to enable a green roof to be installed 5” deep and planted with Alpines and bulbs, fully insulated with 80mm Kingspan throughout and connected to the mains electric for winter. The roof has an automated irrigation system (Micro drip) and seems to be doing fine. Next year the roof should be completely covered as the alpines become more established which should look amazing…wildlife loves this too. Excuse the rest of the garden still to be landscaped.

• Three very attractive sheds. I like that planted roof.

I will not show you mine, but picture this, a rusty roof and mice.

• ClaringtonClarington Posts: 4,949

Your sheds are more comfortable than my house! I don't have space in the garden for a shed that isn't purely a toolshed. His lordship has his man shed and my lady cave (the outhouse: currently full of tools, junk, more junk, and oh my god why wont he throw this junk away) is being converted (eventually) into a room for doing the laundry. :(

• Three brilliant 'sheds'. I love the planted roof. I wouldn't be without my 'garden room'. It's attached and opened through into half of the tool shed behind. I figured oh didn't need all that room for garden tools and I DID  need a sink, mini cooker and a loo. Here it is...image

Eurowood.it is where i bought my shed ;) 

fabulous shed pictures ;) love the chinese looking one and they all are super, our tranquil places, enabling us to enjoy our garden from the comfort of our sheds ;)

• Aym, it saves the long run down to the house that you put off til the last minute...image