Forum home The potting shed

What is on your Christmas list?

Just wondering what everyone has on their Christmas list?

• ClaringtonClarington Posts: 4,949

A new fork after his lordship snapped the other one. Needs to be a tall one which seems very hard to find.

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 26,165

a sun bed on a sun baked beach would be nice.

Devon.
  • Lily PillyLily Pilly Central southern Scotland Posts: 3,845

We are very biblical this year and waiting for the safe arrival of a baby

Weeds are flowers, too, once you get to know them.”
    A A Milne
  • Bright starBright star Wrea GreenPosts: 776

i usually have a very short Xmas list of things that would be nice to have but I don't really need. This year is different. My poor family are in for a shock! My list is very long and is added to and amended every week! Just suggestions mind?. Top of the list is a heated Propogator, I have had so much pleasure from growing plants from seeds for the first time this year that I want to invest in some more sophisticated kit.

Life's tragedy is that we get old too soon and wise too late.

• B3B3 Posts: 15,068

We had a deal last year whereby nobody could spend more than a tenner, you had to get as many presents as possible and kudos awarded for naffness.

Strangely, many of the presents turned out to be more useful than the usual expensive tat. e g the bit of plastic for opening jars, the keyring light - handy for looking in a dark handbag  . Some less useful - like the cork with a light stuck on it so that you could change your empty wine bottle into an 'attractive' lamp.

It was fun buying and receiving them and totally stress-free. I'm looking forward to doing it again this year.

In London. Keen but lazy.
  • hi all my xmas   list has started  I have made a list of plants and seed    and   a lemon bush  small type  and a few cards for garden centres we have 12 grand/children and 12 adults my 3 girls //ellens 3 boys so  they have lots   from 6 going on (  10)  then 12  up to 25  the youngest knows to much on how to use computers I have to ask them        Michael

• flumpy1flumpy1 Posts: 3,116

A slice of the lottory would be nice to help move house image pleease Father Christmas 

• LINDA FLINDA F Posts: 162

Hi, all I have asked for is a really good pair of secateurs. image

• ClaringtonClarington Posts: 4,949
    B3 says:

We had a deal last year whereby nobody could spend more than a tenner, you had to get as many presents as possible and kudos awarded for naffness.

Strangely, many of the presents turned out to be more useful than the usual expensive tat. e g the bit of plastic for opening jars, the keyring light - handy for looking in a dark handbag  . Some less useful - like the cork with a light stuck on it so that you could change your empty wine bottle into an 'attractive' lamp.

It was fun buying and receiving them and totally stress-free. I'm looking forward to doing it again this year.

See original post

B3 : we do a secret santa in my family. You get allocated a name and can spend no more than £50. The person organising it gets to add silly things to the list along with suggestions that the original person hadn't requested.

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 22,275

Both OH and I have birthdays close to Xmas so decided years ago that we would buy decent b'day prezzies but have a £10 limit for Xmas.  This went after Possum arrived in January 1995.   I'd really like to go back to it or swap it and do simple b'days and fancy Xmas.

Either way, my shopping list is, as always, garden and sometimes house related so this year it's a man with a bulldozer to smooth out the former hen patch and make a veggie plot and a ditch in which to bury water and leccy from house to veggies; the timber for raised beds; a greenhouse and/or polytunnel; heated propagating bench as opposed to a bought propagator, a tree surgeon to take out a damaged ash and a sick plum and so on and so forth.   Big stuff but needed anyway so why not for Xmas?

Last edited: 30 October 2016 18:57:17

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw