Forum home The potting shed

Don't forget to alter your clocks

Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 29,773

An extra hour in bed tonight if you don't have any sleep problems. I'm just wondering which of my clocks and timers I forget this Autumn. I love our changing seasons but am not keen on the shorter daylight hours from now on.

Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,160

just as many daylight hours. Ignore the clocks and nothing changes. Works fine for us retired peopleimage

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 64,668

Nut image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

Reminds me of the conversation overheard in the hairdressers - customer was reminded to put her clock back tonight and there'd be 'shorter days' responded by saying, 'Oh, I thought there were 24 hours in every day ......... how many are there going to be now?'image

And then there's the comment by our Admin Support lAssistant where I used to work 

"it'll be difficult for the police and emergency services, what with Hallowe'en and Nov 5th being so close to each other this year." ............... image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,160

Dove those are probably the same people that think good berries in autumn predict a hard winter.

nutcutlet says:

Dove those are probably the same people that think good berries in autumn predict a hard winter.

See original post

image image

• Our local heron altered his clock last week as he arrives at the pond regularly at 8 am instead of 7. One of us has lost the plot somehow with the Fall Back and Spring Forward

I shall be running on "Heron Time" for the forseeable future.  I've a feeling I'll get bored long before he doesimage

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 3,730

Bound to forget to change something. Just grateful that I am not on the night shift tonight- we don't get paid for the extra hour in the NHS!!! Hope everyone remembered to tell their toddlers and pets to have a lie in?! ⏰

My garden and I live in South Wales. 
  • Kitty 2Kitty 2 ManchesterPosts: 5,150

Hollie, the lady in the hairdressers was probably trying to be witty, whilst failing to understand that the tilt of the earths axis causes daylight hours to be shorter or longer in the northern and southern hemispheres.

I was under the belief that daylight savings time was brought in to help farmers with regard to the very dark mornings in winter. I probably need to google it for confirmation.