Recipes for using up apples

Hey folks,

Here's some handy recipes to help you get through your apple glut this autumn.

https://olioex.com/21-delights-made-with-apples

• Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 24,155

How very pretty that looks!

Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • 1Runnybeak11Runnybeak1 Posts: 8,218

BJ.   That's beautiful.  It looks to nice to eat. 

BJ.    The link isn't working.  Try again please. 

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 14,579

IF YOU COPY THE LINK RB YOU CAN PASTE IT INTO GOOGLE.

DON'T I SOUND LIKE I KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT, EH? image

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 14,579

https://olioex.com/21-delights-made-with-apples

LIKE THAT.image

IT TOOK ME A WHILE TO WORK OUT THAT TO SEE THE RECIPES YOU HAVE TO CLICK ON THE LITTLE ORANGE SUBTITLES.

FIRST TIME I HAVE EVER SEEN YORKSHIRE PUD MADE WITH APPLES.image

Last edited: 18 October 2016 20:08:36

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • I looked at a couple, but I was gagging on the amount of sugar or other sweeteners.like honey or maple syrup they contained. I thought I had a fairly sweet tooth, but nothing like Americans it seems!

Made a lovely pear and chocolote frangipane tart at the weekend though - quite a lot of sugar but dark chocolate made it not taste too sweet. Got that recipe off t'internet tooimage

Last edited: 19 October 2016 00:12:46

Thanks Pansy.   I would never have been able to do it.  Cutting, pasting ??   Haven't a clue.   You sure do sound like an expert.  image

BCDays.   I agree, far to sugary for me too.   Blahah !    Your tart sounds delish.  image

• I still rely on "Your 100 Best Apple Recipes" originally published by Home and Freezer Digest.  I just looked at my well-thumbed booklet, to find that it was first published in 1981!

Doubtless it is unavailable generally, but you may find it popping up in a charity shop or a jumble sale - in which case, snap it up instantly!  All the recipes are tried and trusted from the then-readers of the H & F monthly magazine, sadly now defunct.  Oh, and the sainted Mary Berry was a regular contributor to the monthly magazine.