Forum home Plants

French gardeners - do you know this viburnum?

DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 77,441

Wonky is giving me two Viburnum tinus that she has acquired - she said the label says Viburnum tinus 'le thoureil' and she was told by the nurseryman she got them from that they were 'quite special - from France'.

Googling doesn't give us any information - do any of you know this viburnum please?

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• MarlorenaMarlorena East AngliaPosts: 6,379

I suspect 'le Thoureil' is the town in France where the plant nursery is located.  Probably from Floriplantes.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 77,441

Hi Marlorena image  that was all we could come up with - however, confusingly the label seems to give it as a varietal name - but sometimes these things get confused image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 33,865

Not that it is any assistance but there is also a Bird Cherry called Prunus padus Le Thoureil image

Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • floraliesfloralies Haute-Garonne SW FrancePosts: 1,801

I can only find it listed on our french sites as a Prunus as Ladybird says. Maybe BL can come up with something else. I will keep trying!

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 77,441

Thank you folks! image  It's a puzzle