Forum home Plants

French gardeners - do you know this viburnum?

DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 83,738

Wonky is giving me two Viburnum tinus that she has acquired - she said the label says Viburnum tinus 'le thoureil' and she was told by the nurseryman she got them from that they were 'quite special - from France'.

Googling doesn't give us any information - do any of you know this viburnum please?

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• MarlorenaMarlorena Posts: 7,832

I suspect 'le Thoureil' is the town in France where the plant nursery is located.  Probably from Floriplantes.

East Anglia, England
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 83,738

Hi Marlorena image  that was all we could come up with - however, confusingly the label seems to give it as a varietal name - but sometimes these things get confused image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• Ladybird4Ladybird4 Posts: 36,163

Not that it is any assistance but there is also a Bird Cherry called Prunus padus Le Thoureil image

Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • floraliesfloralies Posts: 2,299

I can only find it listed on our french sites as a Prunus as Ladybird says. Maybe BL can come up with something else. I will keep trying!

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 83,738

Thank you folks! image  It's a puzzle