Forum home The potting shed

Snapshots

amateur photos 

S. E. NSW

• Pat EPat E Posts: 9,255

I've been feeling a bit guilty posting my amateur photos on David's lovely camera thread, so I decided to make one for those of us just using iPads or mobile phones to capture our plants or scenery. 

Hope you all enjoy.

HRH wandering around near Acacia boormanii

Volunteer Fire Brigade training day

Hemerocallis

S. E. NSW

Self-seeded Stock with a bit of Parahebe (Derwentia) peeking through.

S. E. NSW
  • chickychicky SurreyPosts: 9,257

Lovely photos .....look good enough for the Camera thread to meimage

We did not inherit the earth from our grandparents.  We’re borrowing it from our children.

Thanks Chicky, but I am aware that David does really high quality photography, so I'd rather not bring his standard down.  Are you off to work now?  Have a good(ish) day.image

S. E. NSW
  • Nice pictures, what was that fella up to? I see a hose on that truck and the warning lights on the cab.

I don't carry a phone nor ipad, just my little pocket camera and once in a while I surprise myself with a keeper. I think I will always be an amateur, because I tend to race from place to place. I don't have the patience to wait and set up for the perfect pics. And that brings to mind something my dad once said about his father. "Dad always drove his vehicles like he had just stolen them."

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 35,141

Don't do yourself down Pat. Get 'em on that camera thread! image

Remember your garden ones can always go on the Garden Pictures 2016 thread too. The camera thread is simply for anything non garden-y  image

We all miss David's expert input, but Sheps often pops in to help us non techie folk image

Love that comment Johnny  image 

Pat's hubby is heavily involved with fighting fire of all kinds - especially the bush fires there. 

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

Hello everyone. Thanks for the kind comments about my photos. Johnny, that photo of the fire truck was taken when the local fire fighters were having a training day  and this was teaching them how to get the water filled trucks up hilly tracks, etc. apparently if was a very instructive day.

S. E. NSW
  • Some snapshots down along the river and creek yesterday. Ponds have frozen over and the creek has ice on the edges. Everything is looking dead, I need some SNOW!! But my Christmas lights are up outside and my little house looks fun at night. lol

imageimageimageimageimageimage

Hello Johnny. Lovely photos of the water around your place. I assume the bike trails are a bit slippery as well. We have the opposite, as you would expect. Some photos of a couple of our dams which badly need some rain.

S. E. NSW
  • Hello Pat,

Well we need moisture as well, very dry and cold here. Actually the city is pretty good about plowing the bike paths in the city.  Your area does look dry. What gives the water that dark brown colour?

I'm actually rather use to the opposite season weather. During WW2 There was a fella from New Zealand doing some training here for the air force. He happened to start attending dad's church and they became life long friends. He spent all his down time with my dad and grandparents out on the homestead. So as I grew up we always received Christmas cards and amazing calendars of New Zealand and pics of his sheep farm on the south island. I assume Australia is a heck of a lot warmer than New Zealand but the same as far as warm for Christmas and cool for our summer months.

First time I ever put up lights but I kinda like it. Did a much better job for the lady across the lane though.

I had to replace a bulb tonight so I took a couple pictures.  My little house all happy.lol

imageimage