Well fed fox

I found a huge example of one of those dog chew things buried in a container.

Either someone is looking after him extremely well or he's an accomplished thief!

I left it on the ground. Hopefully he will find a mutually convenient place to bury it now.

In London. Keen but lazy.

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 13,561

I dug  a sausage up in the veg patch once.image

There must have been too many  left over sausages from a barbie somewhere.

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • B3B3 Posts: 10,019

• BobTheGardenerBobTheGardener Leicestershire, UKPosts: 7,928

I found a sealed packet of dried catfood buried just below the surface of a large pot  on 3ft high stand a few years ago..

A trowel in the hand is worth a thousand lost under a bush.
  • Singing GardenerSinging Gardener EssexPosts: 831

My daughter discovered an unbroken hen's egg buried in the planter outside her front door!

• We find those big chew bone things on our lawn every now and then. Somewhere there's a very big dog, wondering where he's put his bone...

I suppose they must dig them up after a dog's buried them. I never thought of that!

• CloggieCloggie Posts: 1,177

I find walnuts .... in every bed and pot.  BIG walnut tree next door and squirrels!  When they root they're a b****r to pull up!

at our old house, the most prolific weed in the summer was peanuts which had been planted by squirrels

• CloggieCloggie Posts: 1,177

When we viewed the house I said, "Squirrels?  How lovely".  They run over my clematis and break the stems, they plant trees in inappropriate places, eat the bird food, taunt the dogs and dig holes in the grass but .... I still think they're lovely.  image

I threw a bar of soap at one that was snapping the stems off my tulips and throwing them on the ground. It picked  up the soap. Looked at it .Threw it away and continued to vandalise my flowersimage

It wouldn't have been so bad if it had been eating them.