Animal Poo ID.

Hi all,  About eight and a half years ago a little cat adopted us at work. We took her to the vet and had her scanned for a microchip it turned out that she belonged to one of the vets receptionists and was 18 months old..

The lady said as she had adopted us she would just leave things as they were if we were happy to look after her. Since this time she has lived in and around our workshop being very helpful in controlling vermin, we often get presents of mice rats and rabbits left for us in the workshop.

Since friday she has been terrified to come into the rest room where she is normally petted  and fed, we couldn't understand why.  Marmite as she is known has access to the workshop via a six inch square section of cladding missing from the bottom of the rear door, unfortunately this means anything else small enough can also get access..

When we got into work this morning there was quite a strong smell in the rest room, on investigating we found several small poos around Marmites biscuits and some of them pulled onto the floor. We would all be very grateful if anyone can identify the culprit. many thanks in advance. 

See photos.

The poos are about one inch long and 5/16 inch across. not rat.

on a brighter note it was lovely to see these little fellas enjoying the cosmos this evening.

Last edited: 04 October 2016 20:09:25

• The nearest I can think is mink, which would tie in with the smell. It's a bit small for mink, but I suppose there are small mink around.  Certainly would put off a cat. I've got ferrets, several, and they're softies by comparison with mink. 

H-C 

• Are you near water?

H-C 

• FlyfiferFlyfifer Posts: 163

Hi Hortum thank you for the reply, our thoughts were mink or escaped ferret. We are about quarter of a mile from the river Stour in Dorset.

• Not ferret, too black. Little mink, or little poo from big mink!  A token offering.  

H-C

• madpenguinmadpenguin Isle of WightPosts: 1,672

Can you put up some kind of camera to find the culprit?

“Every day is ordinary, until it isn't.” - Bernard Cornwell-Death of Kings

Hi madpenguin we have arranged to borrow a wildlife camera tomorrow hopefully this will help

• madpenguinmadpenguin Isle of WightPosts: 1,672

Be interesting to find out what it is!!

“Every day is ordinary, until it isn't.” - Bernard Cornwell-Death of Kings
  • Muddle-UpMuddle-Up Posts: 14,492

Hope poor Marmite is ok?  Mink can be nasty.  Couldn't be a hedgehog, could it??  Sorry if that's a silly suggestion, I'm not 'up' on animal poo!

Aberdeenshire, NE Scotland 🌞  
    FIDDLESTICKS AND FLAPDOODLE!

hi Mu apart from being frightened of being in the rest

room she seems ok and is eating when fed in the office

• Muddle-UpMuddle-Up Posts: 14,492

Glad she's ok Flyfifer!  Could be a hedgehog I suppose....they could give a timid wee cat a fright although most cats are just plain nosey and would give a 'hog a pat with a paw!  Hope the wildlife camera spots something.

Aberdeenshire, NE Scotland 🌞  
    FIDDLESTICKS AND FLAPDOODLE!