Forum home Problem solving

Problems

• Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 8,717

I gave a "fake" name, then had several calls asking for this person, depending on how daft I am feeling, I can pretend to be deaf!! (ie keeping saying eh?)

I have call blocking and unlisted numbers arent meant to get through, but they do, somehow, "electronically" from abroad according to Talk Talk,Who was that fined the other day, one of the big companies?  Before I re-married I used my "maiden" name but only with my Bank which was then TSB, and I got a lot of nuisance calls trying to sell me whateer, I gather the bank sold my details, think how dare they, especially as my phone number was ex-directory.  Where did you see that aym280? I was taking out a mobile phone contract the very day they were hacked last year, but according to the papers, (The Mail) the people who had problems, had given their details to fraudsters themselves!  OH, was in Hospital for an op yesterday morning, the Hospital couldnt ring me to say he was ready for collection, ha ha, because their number didnt come up!  I dont know why all hospital numbers are like this.

• PalaisglidePalaisglide Posts: 3,414

Nanny Beach, hope all goes well with OH. The different sections of the Hospital call me and I have call blocking. The call comes in and is blocked I get the message "you have a call from" Nurse NT Hospital, they never give a number but then I get "if you wish to accept this call press one" I do and get the call. I am with Virgin though I think Call Blocking is from BT it does work.

Frank.

He looks like the Elephant Man, hoping they have got it all, we wont know till he goes back 4-6 weeks, for a post op, and the Histology on the thing, and if it heals up, (or not)

He always did have nice lips, I told him he had womans lips, quite full!  I shall give him a hug from you,hes an awful patient, course because I am the wife, I said to him he wouildnt speak to/treat the hospital nurses the way he treats me, I reminded him he was lucky I angged him to go to the Dr when I did, could have been worse, I think the fact he has cancer hit him yesterday.

What I meant was the kind of lips that women pay money for does that make sense?  Oh, believe me I never take stuff for granted, I was nursing over 40 years.  Our lovelly consultant died earlier this year at 44. I told him over and over to go to the GP, it never healed up, he said he cut it shaving/knocked the scab off in the shower.  In the end I said "You have skin cancer, you are going to the GP", and made him the appointment. 10 days later consultant, 6 weeks later, appo with plastic surgeon (he got flu) I rang said it was spreading to his lip, got appointment the following week.   He is (naturally) moaning now, I said he should have gone sooner, he said it wouldnt have made any difference, because he would still have had to wait a few weeks.  I have had a lot of major abdo surgery, he had a hernia, tiny scar, last thing I had was a traumatic tooth extraction by a max fax surgeon, just before Christmas,  (3 years back, so not even an emergency dental service)pain on a scale of 1-10 was 15!  He said to me its only pain get over it! Different now of course, AND he had the cheek to say I have a low pain threshold!!

Took the dogs and grandkids over South Downs country park yesterday, Cuckmere River to the sea, t-shirt weather, and did he put suncream on what do you think!!! Before we moved here, he always wore a hat and I used to plaster him in suncream when he was in the garden come March

• granmagranma Posts: 1,929

Nanny Beach I'm wishing your husband well,    and hoping he isn't too bad a patient for you and the family

Just a word on the beginning threads  question , aym280 gave me some good advice and a con tact for TT.

They have arranged for us to have fibre optics from a connection up in the village , ( or something)

At a reduced rate ,  which even if it doesn't work much better it will still be a cheaper rate per month than what we are paying out for at the moment .

Nanny , I've sent you a pm.