App for garden design

i am wanting to create a new  shrubbery.  I have pretty much worked out what to plant, taking in soil type, sun etc, and I could draw pretty pictures and then colour them in, but I would prefer something that I can view for each month or each quarter.is there anything out there

• seakaleseakale Posts: 112

I will ask app advice from RHS.

just wondered if anyone out there had any app recommendations.  Sort of CAD for plant plannings  rather than building design

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 20,980

an app which is capable of showing every plant available on the open market ( how many hundreds of thousands would that be? ) , x 12 photos , one of each plant for each month?

Pretty big ask IMHO.

Devon.
  • seakaleseakale Posts: 112

I can research what plants I need to purchase using major plant selling websites, filtering soil type, sun or shade, dry or moist, month of flowering, ultimate height and spread, AGM status, scent, colour both of flowers, stems and or leaves etc , every plant will be itemised and I am a great believer of planting what I know grows well in our soil.

i just wanted to see what my colour scheme is likely to look like that's all And thought an app might help

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 54,490

It's a question that has been asked here before - so far no one here appears to know of suitable garden design software or any apps that will do the job. 

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Papi JoPapi Jo Brittany, France Posts: 1,963

The software I use if fine for my own purposes, it's not free but quite cheap and you can try out a demo version. It may not be exactly what you need, but do have a look at my garden plan at http://www.rezeau.org/wp-garden/en/garden-plan-2/ and more about the "Garden Planner" software at http://www.rezeau.org/wp-garden/en/a-garden-plan-created-with-garden-planner/

You are invited to a virtual visit of my garden (in English or in French).