Ideas for a new flower bed

Hello fellow formers I would value your views and ideas on my new flower.

Not set in dirt yet except the row of phlox planted them today any way no harsh comments or I'll pop round and drop off some slugs thanks lester 

• bulkerbbulkerb Posts: 260

God I hate this sites photo down load or lack of information give up with this 

• Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 24,679

Depending on the device you are using, you should be taken straight to your 'Pictures' folder when you click on the camera icon, so that you can then use whichever picture you want. If the picture is too large then you won't be able to download it and you need to reduce the size of it.

Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable

thank you ladybird 4 I have tried that many times yet the other week I posted the pictures of my rose calender and there was not a problem now its back to being silly billys again darn annoying makes me wanna quit this site

I hope you don't leave as I've enjoyed hearing about the huge garden projects and your pictures are absolutely stunning.

Thank you ladybird for your kind words.

Started fixing the lawns today so many stages 

1 cut grass 

2 used new spreader to apply fine range 9-0-0 +11%fe granules this will take around 10/ 14 days for the iron to kill the moss. Spreader setting 15 is around 30gms per square foot 

Points to note lay small canes at 6 feet intervals at each end and in the middle it acts as a guide to keep you on a straight line 

3 watered both lawns to assist washing in the granules 

Next phase to follow and as always I have taken photos but this site won't allow me to post them another great day Lester 

You could have had some of my rain yesterday - it was torrential. Filled my empty (well down to the tap empty) water butt in less than 10 minutes!

Right oh people designing new flower bed it's semi circular 9 mtrs  by 3 mtrs It sits behind a 9 mtr row of peones then a small 18 inch wall then I have just added a 6 mtr by .7mtr  row of white phlox.

I'm going to put in 4 full standard roses pink variety to be decided in a diamond formation around the roses will be around 15 daffodils.

Each of the 2 corners there will be 2 maybe 3 hydrangeas they will basically take out the straight edge and book end the phlox.

In between the roses I in tend to plant allium /agapanthus/ Aqualeigieas/ hostas/ cammassias/Sisyrinchiums.

Not sure how to create the border either day lilies iris plants that sort of thing.

Or do I plant various lavender to create a small hedge.

Finally I need some thing to go against the phlox baring in mind I don't want to much height because it will circle the first rose .

Just in case some one says but your phlox will be high I'm going to pinch them out to prevent this and delay flowering.

After all this is done I will add next year the late summer plants all sensible ideawelcome asl always cheers Lester 

P.  S.  I'm sure I have forgotten some thing but as always one of my fellow gardeners will point it out

imageimageimageimage

This is my little flower bed so you can see what I have to work with bare in mind that some of the plants in the photos will be going there not in my new lay out 

Reading your lists it would seem that your flower bed is going to be a mix of gentle pastel shades of blues and pinks with the whites. A silvery leaved French Lavender would make a nice border but have you considered any of the paler Schizostylis such as Pink Princess, Tambara or Jennifer? Later flowering they extend the season.