Forum home Plants

Arggggghhhhhhhhhhh

Lou12Lou12 Posts: 1,149

I'm an idiot. I bought 5 lavender elegance ice thinking they only came in white. They have come out a pale lavender.image

I don't want pale lavender in my white garden and I've thrown away the pots, the labels and the receipt.

Does anyone have any white lavender plants they want to swap.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 77,454

Oh pooh!  What a nuisance. image Shame I don't need any - or indeed have any room for any image

Don't know if this is any help but it seems they flower in their first year from seed - you could save yourself some money 

http://www.chilternseeds.co.uk/item_770l_lavandula_angustifolia_ellagance_series_ellagance_ice_seeds 

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,489

The pale lavender would associate well with Wild Swan. . . . . think Verdun might agree image

SW Scotland
  • Lou12Lou12 Posts: 1,149

Ok I'll give it a go thanks Verdun and everyone else, they are a very pale lavender and I can always put a few while ones in, there is room.

• Papi JoPapi Jo Brittany, France Posts: 3,455

@Lou12,

More exactly they are Lavandula angustifolia 'Ellagance' series, which come in the following cultivars: Pink, Ice, Purple, Sky. Maybe the variety you bought was not the "Ice" but "Sky"? Pity you threw away the labels, you could have checked them for the exact name.

See http://www.panamseed.com/plant_info.aspx?phid=037304712005123

You are invited to a virtual visit of my garden (in English or in French).
  • My pink turned out to just be regular lavender Mislabelled image

pale colours add a bit more depth to white gardens. Even Monty's one is not completely white if I remember back to earlier in the year, or was it last year. my memory's not so geat anymore.

I am a fan of Eidelweiss if you do start looking for a white to add to your elegance. It's a Dutch lavender that is meant to be hardy, had no issues with mine yet but I am down south. Very strong fragrance. The bees prefer the Dutch lavenders over the English.

• Lou12Lou12 Posts: 1,149

I know the labels definitely said ice.

The plants are a bit scizophrenic, a couple of flowers on the same plant are white and others very pale lavender.

I was going to buy eidelweiss originally but they had these on special offer very cheap in the local garden centre so I got those instead.