Strictly 2016

Watched the start up last night of Strictly and from the very beginning my heart sank. Over the years the show bizz bit has overtaken the actual Dance although most years the dance won in the end. This year my forebodings tell me dance will lose, it will become much like the American dancing with the stars all show and little substance.

I ask where did they get those so called Celebs, who are they, what have they done. My feelings are at the moment leave it off until week five or six, they may have got rid of some of the dross by then. Once again I say poor Anton, they never load the scales in his favour.

Frank.

• ObelixxObelixx Posts: 11,383

Haven't heard of some of them but I like the look of a few Frank and expect some fun and some good dancing as the weeks progress..  

I just hope they take advantage of their 3 weeks of one to one lessons with a professional to produce a decent 90 seconds when they come back.  Doesn't seem too much to ask.

Can do without all the hype and padding but can't miss a week in case there is the odd early gem.

The Vendée, France
  • nodlisabnodlisab Posts: 394

Sick and tired of these Celebs who nobody has heard of ,what is their talent?

See reply on t'other thread.   Celebrity is a fairly loose term these days and most of it goes over my head as I don't watch much TV and no soaps or sports.

The Vendée, France

If you haven't watched it properly you can't  have an informed opinion.

I suggest you record the news and watch it twice instead.

All the Strictly judges have a background in dance and performance so judge accordingly.  The 'nasty' one was actually very mellow and constructive in his comments last year and I have found in the past that those that get his scathing comments generally deserve them.

The Vendée, France
  • KT53KT53 Posts: 2,315
    Palaisglide says:
     My feelings are at the moment leave it off until week five or six, they may have got rid of some of the dross by then.
    See original post

That's what I do every year.  Avoid the first few weeks until the totally hopeless have gone and then dip in and out.

• KT53KT53 Posts: 2,315

I also see the Tess Daley's dress designer hasn't improved.  This week's offering with the cutaway looked like a raw chicken leg sticking out. image

Verdun - I never use smilies and they don't register with me.  The one you refer to looks more like Pinocchio growing his nose telling porkies than someone trying to be funny.   

Tess's dress choices do seem odd sometimes for someone with such a gorgeous figure.  Too much black too.   I rather like Claudia's jokey bits like the long jumper and am pleased to see her wearing fewer "tents" of late.  She too has a lovely figure and you don't have to show acres of bare flesh.  Discreet and elegant is far more sexy on both men and women IMHO.

Who put a rather rotund Ed Balls in horizontal stripes?   And wotsit Redknap in that pink thing?

The Vendée, France