Forum home Wildlife gardening

Slug Eggs

• CloggieCloggie Cambs Fens but not black soilPosts: 1,451

The ones I saw being born were white, milky and covered in slime - lovely.

I barely remember that being a snail so putting 8 and 15 together I came up with the idea that these might be slug....  but they might be Alien Kitty?  <Wonders> Why would they pick my cold frame? image

• Kitty 2Kitty 2 ManchesterPosts: 5,150

Didn't intend to give you the heebie jeebies Cloggie image

Probably my imagination working overtime from watching repeats of the X Files on Spike every night image

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 21,103

Leopard slug eggs.

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

Are you still having nightmares about George Kitty?  Sorry 'bout that. image

Lyn, what do you know about Leopard Slug eggs?  Dish the dirt ... as it were!! he he

• Kitty 2Kitty 2 ManchesterPosts: 5,150

Nightmares about George Cloggie? image

Never, I'm his number one fan imageimage

Not too sure about the leopard slugs, think I've read on the forum that they're the good guys of the slug world. Nut will know better than me.

• What's George doing for Hallowe'en this year Clogs? I miss him a bit. image

The good news is Leopard slugs eat other slugs. image

The bad news is they grow up to 17cm long. That's over 6 inches. That's one helluva slug!!!! image

George is currently doing the Full Monty (wearing only a hat) and is propped up against the hedge.  This unfortunately makes him look like a peeping Tom as my neighbour commented whilst hanging out her washing.

Wish I'd not touched the sluggy maternity ward now, leopard slugs sound like fascinating creatures  https://www.opalexplorenature.org/leopardslug

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,791

the next mollusc generation in one of my pots today

• This is really interesting and helpful to us new gardeners, thanks. Is now about the time we may see slug eggs about then? 

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,791

I think they're like rabbits wakeshine, always at itimage