Weather!

Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 27,226

Oh no - its flipping well raining again! All my plans for garden work get thwarted. One nice day - lulled into false sense that Summer may have arrived - only to have optimism squashed the next day. Hey ho back to the garden catalogues.

Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable

• raisingirlraisingirl East Devon, on the Edge of Exmoor.Posts: 3,771

The whole summer's been like it here. One or at most two fine days then back to drizzle and clouds. That wouldn't necessarily send me back to the catalogues, but it's the bloomin' wind blowing ALL the time that's getting me down. I have buttresses under my runner beans because all the canes have snapped more than once and my beans keep ending in the mud image. I'm going to have to build a semi-permanent structure next year - a simple teepee just ain't working. 

You've got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em
    Know when to walk away and know when to run
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 58,670

Oh dear!  You're obviously living in the wrong places - it's been idyllic here in Norfolk for ...............ages and ages ........... it started with wall to wall sunshine when we went on holiday to Cornwall in early June and left our neighbour watering tomatoes and new planted trees (she's also a gardener and very reliable thank goodness).  

It did get a bit overcast in July, but still nice and warm ............ and August has been wall to wall sunshine again and dry, dry, dry - I had to top up the pond again yesterday (the frogs croaked their appreciation), I'm having to water the northfacing Shady Bank,  the lawn is the colour of cardboard again and the tomatoes and grapes are ripening just like the pictures in the books and on the seed packets.  

We've not had a meal indoors for weeks ............... image

Sorreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

Is there an emoji for blowing a raspberry?

• Pete.8Pete.8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 5,020

Same here in Essex. Last proper rain we had was 23 June! Since then pretty much wall-to-wall sunshine.
    Lawn is scorched all over, many annuals and some perennials dead and a few shrubs not looking too good - PLEASE send some rain ASAP!!!!

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
  • Kitty 2Kitty 2 ManchesterPosts: 5,120

The drizzle has stopped and the sun is breaking through in South Manchester?

Should be fine for the rest of the day LB. Has it reached you yet?

Pete8 says:

PLEASE send some rain ASAP!!!!

See original post

Can't help there. We've had very little sunshine and very little rain. Just a lot of that 'not really raining but not quite NOT raining' weather. Real rain at least means you don't have to do any watering. Mind you, large parts of Scotland have had nothing but rain all year. The weather's gone a bit clumpy this year.

• Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 27,226
    raisingirl says:

Is there an emoji for blowing a raspberry?

See original post

• Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 27,226
    Kitty 2 says:
     LB. Has it reached you yet?See original post

Yay its getting here. Hoorah!