Wot izzit?

DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 48,985

This 'appeared' and grew in a bucket of old cactus compost stuck in a quiet corner - I thin it only appeared this spring but it could have been there last year too, so it could be an annual or a biennial.  I've left it alone out of curiosity as I didn't recognise it.  Today it has flowers appearing.  

The leaves are quite pungent if you squeeze them.  

Stem and leaves slightly fuzzy.  

Photo to follow ...

"...tea and toasted buttered currant buns, can't compensate for lack of sun because the summer's all gone..."   Autumn Almanac - Ray Davies

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 48,985

imageimageimage

Any ideas?

"...tea and toasted buttered currant buns, can't compensate for lack of sun because the summer's all gone..."   Autumn Almanac - Ray Davies
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 18,303

nope, Soz.

Devon.
  • nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 25,198

try Common Fleabane.

My first thought was nyger seed germination but I don't think the petal arrangement is right

No I didn't think it was nyger either.

I think you're right with Common Fleabane  - the pics on here are spot on 

http://wildflowerfinder.org.uk/Flowers/F/Fleabane(Common)/Fleabane(Common).htm 

Think I'd better plant it over by the pond image

Thanks image

Can you save me some seed please Dove, I haven't got any of that.

Will do Nut image

image thanks Dove