Forum home Garden design

Big ideas for my small patio!

2»

• hogweedhogweed Central ScotlandPosts: 3,975

Perhaps put the. Bamboo screening on the railing instead of painting it. Does the bit with the ladder on belong to you? You could cover that with AstroTurf. Add a few biggish pots. Or plant a few big shallow basins up with rockery plants and succulents. Lots of interest all year round, quite light in relation to the size of container and not too precious about daily watering if sunny. 

'Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement' - Helen Keller
  • Gal2Gal2 Posts: 36

Hi Hog,

Thank you for your reply. That is a good idea about the railing. For the bit with the ladder, no, it does not belong to me. None of what is seen in picture 3 belongs to me, but is just 2 derelict buildings. The roof left of the ladder is very weak so I am unsure about what to do with it in case someone walks on it... 

If these premises ever become occupied I will remove my changes but it is highly unlikely they ever will. 

In picture 3 you will also see a blue pallet on the centre left of the image. I am considering using this as a planter, similar to the one to the left of the photo. Any thoughts on that?

Thanks again, G

Last edited: 24 February 2017 17:50:18