cucumbers

Hi, my cucumbers have been doing really well. but now the leaves have turned really brown, the cucumbers that are still on are ok. would have posted picture, but seeing they have changed site cant see how to post picture. thanks

• Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 25,725

Hi Pondman. There is a little camera icon to the top right hand side of the text box. If you click on this you can follow the instructions and post a picture.

Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • Are your Cucumbers the G/H variety or the Ridge ( outdoors) type ?

There does seem to be some difficulties in posting photos on this new set up but I'm sure someone will be able to set you straight before long.......I just use the camera icon from a lap top but doesn't seem to work for everyoneimage

• I will put these on here now for you all to look at. I am not sure if these should be inside or not.image

• Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 25,725

Goodness they do look rather sad. I am not sure what the problem is but looking at the leaves towards the back of your picture it could be Cucumber Mosaic Virus - but I am only hazarding a guess. As you say that the cucumbers are ok I would just pick them when ready and then get rid of the affected plants.

Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • Thanks for that. Thats what i will do. Had one for tea to night and it seemed ok. So to morrow will get rid of one of them. Thanks for your help.