Forum home Tools and techniques
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Semi-hard cuttings from Photinia

I have an old photinia in a pot. It is quite sparse and leggy but has enough to take a few semi-hard cuttings from the top. Can you tell me how to carry out this process, please?

• IamweedyIamweedy Posts: 1,364

I have tried taking cuttings of these with no success but that might just be me.

Someone else will be along soon.

'You must have some bread with it me duck!'

• plant pauperplant pauper Posts: 6,904

http://www.gardenersworld.com/how-to/grow-plants/taking-hardwood-cuttings/

Don't know if this is the right thing.

If you put your hardwood cuttings title in the search box then choose "articles" at top left where it gives you forum, articles and something else then narrow your search using the menu on the left. 

Personally I use my RHS Encyclopedia as I find this site a b****r to navigate. image

Last edited: 22 August 2016 11:45:45

• IamweedyIamweedy Posts: 1,364

PP I find navigation on this site is not easy. 

I am glad its not just me.

Hhave their been many comments on this before? 

There is another general one I use which is much simpler.

'You must have some bread with it me duck!'

• plant pauperplant pauper Posts: 6,904

weedy I'm not sure if anyone has commented or not. I didn't even know there were videos and things till I came upon a discussion between Pansyface and Dave Morgan.

The trouble is you don't know to go to look for the thing if you don't know it's there if you know what I mean. It's like asking "what do you not know?" image

Personally I don't like the site and seldom use it. I only use the forum.