Forum home The potting shed

3 hours sleep

Well last night I only managed around 3 hours sleep, and it's back to the garden to start the big clear up as in certain plants have now come to the end of this year's life.

cat mint daisys  invasive acanthus and the lovely lucifer all going on the bonfire so I'm feeling really tired just thinking about what's a head of me today. And waiting in the wings is a massive 100 metre thorn Holly hedge in places it's 8 feet wide and 15 feet high I need a little helper me thinks but alas money talks if you get my drift.

Well all forkers have a great day and keep gardening Lester 

• Lou12Lou12 Posts: 1,149

Good luck with that Lester, it's tough when you haven't slept but I'm sure gardening will revive you. Don't forget to drink water it's still very hot image

• bulkerbbulkerb Posts: 258

Well to finish I left the garden at 4.30pm knowing that once again I had worked hard only to get a call from an old friend who asked me to help him move around 400 straw bales from the field to various barns around the farm .

Tea consisted of cheese and crackers and I am well and truly cream crackered good night 

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 13,935

You should sleep well tonight.image

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • bulkerbbulkerb Posts: 258

update on my stupidity I'm cleary getting old had to stay home to day I think I am suffering from a touch of heat stroke and my back is in spasm mode so I have to stay in and watch tv cushions all around my lower back I'm already bored still back in the garden tomorrow more bed clearing god bless Lester

• LoganLogan Posts: 2,532

Listen to your back, it's telling you to take it easy.Don't try to do too much,give yourself breaks in between.I know what it's like to have a bad back.image