Forum home Tools and techniques
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Which electric scarifier?

I have a lawn which is probably around 150sqm in size, and which is laid out across the garden in different sections; some sloping, some flat. I've been trying to deal with thatch and moss by hand raking for the last couple of years, but judging by the current sponginess and patchiness of the lawn its clear that more than sheer muscle power is required to keep on top of things.

I've been looking at electric scarifiers online, and although there isn't exactly a bewildering array of choice, rather than taking a shot in the dark I would be grateful if someone could recommend a model that they have themselves purchased and which performs well for them.

This one looks interesting, and price-wise is about right for my pocket. 

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3565683.htm

Any other suggestions gratefully received. 

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: 16 August 2016 15:56:04

• Pete.8Pete.8 Posts: 11,340

I can only comment on the one I have, a Bosch AVR 1100 Verticutter Lawnraker

I've been very pleased with it. Although I don't get much moss in my lawn it still rakes up a scary amount of 'stuff'

Billericay - Essex

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
  • Thanks, Pete. Possibly a bit pricey for me, but I'll bear your recommendation in mind.