Forum home Plants

Mystery Weed At Base of House Wall

PengKatPengKat Posts: 2

This is growing from under the concrete at base of my porch wall.

I may be being daft and it's obvious but can anyone name this for me please? It's at the foundations and is even starting round my sons bikes.

• B3B3 Posts: 21,501

Looks like bindweed to me. At least it's not JKWimage

In London. Keen but lazy.
  • Dave HumbyDave Humby Posts: 1,115

Bindweed by the look of it.

• CeresCeres Posts: 2,126

What you have there is a nice case of bindweed. It will keep coming back if even the smallest piece of root is left in the ground so you will need to attack it with a strong weedkiller. Try Roundup gel. That should kill it, roots and all.

• PengKatPengKat Posts: 2

Thank you all very much for your replies. Will sort this thing out. And yes am very glad it's not JKW. Have heard about what that does

• hi peng kat   that is what they are saying    I am one whos  next door garden thinks it is a nice plant after a few times asking her to cut it right back (fell on deaf ears    so I sprayed it good on my side  with a gypsofelia  type (spelt wrong )   but it is going back to the main stem noticed this morn a new shoot showing give it a good drink of w/killer to help it on his way  most normal w/killers don't allways work  a good gardeners /landscaper allways has a good one