Forum home The potting shed

Garden invasion!

imageIts happened! My 4 year old has taken over my small garden with a trampoline, lol. Good fun though and at least I can shut him in and relax, might try and relocate it to another area though. Has anybody else allowed one of these invasions in their garden?

• Kitty 2Kitty 2 ManchesterPosts: 5,120

Not me Karen, I was lucky and simply sent my girls (now 19&17) to play with their friend nextdoor on her enormous 13ft trampoline image image

I did have a swing, slide and playhouse though. Happy days and fond memories.

• lilysillylilysilly Posts: 433

My children had a trampoline when they were younger and used it almost daily , even in winter. In the summer we'd put up a 10ft inflatable pool, one with a filter. They would bounce off the trampoline into the pool creating a massive splash. Luckily the pool went onto the patio so no ruined lawn. My two are adults now but still talk about those happy summer's . We'd also often have their friends over and they'd all queue up for a go.The amount of bottled squash, ice lollies and towels I'd get through. Happy days. The trampoline and pool got passed on to my niece for her family to enjoy when my two grew too big. Enjoy this time Karen ,they grow up so quickly.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • karen paulkaren paul Posts: 230

Sounds like a lot of fond memories have been had :) Lilysilly that must have been great fun! We have a 20 year old too so we know how quickly time flies, he was never really the outdoor type but that might be through our lack of encouragement and too many game consoles unfortunately :( Chrissie I wish we could do that but my garden is so small he'd still end up in the pond or shed :/ A swimming pool would be bliss right now, its so hot! Tempted to dangle my feet in the pond but I don't think the fish would be too chuffed, lol. Thanks for y sharing your experiences everyone.

• LoganLogan Posts: 2,532

I didn't go through that with mine,but enjoy it, they grow up so fast.